By Jianhua Tao, Tieniu Tan
Affective details processing is meant to offer pcs the human-like features of remark, interpretation and new release of impact beneficial properties. it's crucial for usual and potent human-computer interplay and has develop into a truly scorching learn topic.
This cutting-edge quantity discusses the most recent advancements in affective details processing, and summarises the major applied sciences researched, reminiscent of facial features attractiveness, face animation, emotional speech synthesis, clever brokers, and digital fact. The distinctive and available assurance features a wide variety of themes, together with components which glance to problem and increase present examine. The publication is organised into the subsequent themed components to assist the readers of their knowing of the sphere: Cognitive Emotion version, have an effect on in Speech, have an effect on in Face and have an effect on in Multimodal Interaction.
Topics and Features:
• experiences at the cutting-edge examine in affective info processing
• Summarises key applied sciences researched over the past few years, equivalent to affective speech processing, affective facial expressions, affective physique gesture and move, affective multi-modal structures, etc.
• deals a foundational introductory bankruptcy that grounds readers in center thoughts and principles
• Discusses purposes of this know-how, equivalent to in schooling opposed to bullying
• presents summarising conclusions throughout
• Describes have an effect on in multimodal information
• appears at cognitive emotion modelling in typical language communication
• Explores emotion belief and popularity from speech, and according to multimodal information
• comprises face animation in response to a wide audio-visual database
• offers physiological sensing for affective computing
• Examines evolutionary expression of feelings in digital people utilizing lighting fixtures and pixels
Written to supply a chance for scientists, engineers and graduate scholars to discover the problems, strategies and applied sciences during this interesting new quarter, this ground-breaking e-book presents a accomplished assessment and important perception into the sector and may turn out a necessary reference software and resource.
Read or Download Affective Information Processing PDF
Similar user experience & usability books
This publication displays the circulate in Human machine interplay reports from usual usability issues in the direction of a much broader set of difficulties to do with enjoyable, leisure, aesthetics and the event of use. commonly HCI has been focused on paintings and job dependent purposes yet as electronic applied sciences proliferate in the house enjoyable turns into a massive factor.
With a consistently expanding hope for typical and comfy human/machine interplay, the acoustic interface of any terminal for multimedia or telecommunication providers is challenged to permit seamless and hands-free audio communique. Sound catch for Human-Machine Interfaces introduces the sensible points of microphone array sign processing and provides a number of combos of beamforming and acoustic echo cancellation.
Comprises an creation via eminent philospher Daniel C. Dennett the main entire research of the Turing try ever released good points working commentaries via Stevan Harnad, Kenneth Ford, Pat Hayes and others on Alan Turing's vintage paper, "Computing equipment and Intelligence" Parsing the Turing try is a landmark exploration of either the philosophical and methodological matters surrounding the hunt for precise man made intelligence.
This publication constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 1st Asia-Pacific convention on net Intelligence, WI 2001, held in Maebashi urban, Japan, in October 2001. The 28 revised complete papers and forty five revised brief papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 153 full-length paper submissions.
- User Modeling: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference UM97 Chia Laguna, Sardinia, Italy June 2–5 1997
- Web and Wireless Geographical Information Systems: 14th International Symposium, W2GIS 2015, Grenoble, France, May 21-22, 2015, Proceedings
- Integral and Diagnostic Intrusive Prediction of Speech Quality
- Smart Homes and Health Telematics: 12th International Conference, ICOST 2014, Denver, CO, USA, June 25-27, 2014, Revised Papers
- Inhabited Information Spaces : Living with your Data (Computer Supported Cooperative Work)
- Future interaction design
Additional info for Affective Information Processing
Psychological Review, 110:145–172. , & Norvig, P. (1995). Artificial intelligence: A modern approach. San Francisco: Morgan-Kaufman. Scherer, K. , & Scherer, U. (2004). Emotions in everyday life: Probability of occurrence, risk factors, appraisal and reaction pattern. Social Science Informatics: 43(4):499–570. Sloman, S. A. (1996). The empirical case for two systems of reasoning. Psychological Bulletin, 119(1): 3–22. van Reekum, C. , & Scherer, K. R. (1997) Levels of processing in emotion-antecedent appraisal.
Goldie (2008) denotes with misleading emotions the emotions that are not useful in picking up saliences in the environment and enabling quick and effective action, as (on the contrary) emotions are presumed to do. To Brady (2007), recalcitrant emotions are those emotions that involve a conflict between an emotional perception and an evaluative belief: the subject perceives her situation to be thus-and-so, while believing that it is not thus-and-so. 5), that running with a bike is safe while believing that it is not.
Paiva, R. Prada, & R. W. ), Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction, Second International Conference, ACII (pp. 179–190), LNCS 4738. New York: Springer. , & Carofiglio, V. (2003). From Greta’s mind to her face: Modelling the dynamics of affective states in a conversational embodied agent. In International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 59(1/2): 81–118. Ekman, P. (1999). Basic emotions. In T. Dalgleish and T. ), The handbook of cognition and emotion (pp. 45–60). Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons.
Affective Information Processing by Jianhua Tao, Tieniu Tan